Home Community Page 85

Community

Marriage Announcement

Hannah Kayleen Reich and Adam Mason Stewart were united in marriage on Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018, at Brookside Church, in Branson, Mo.  Hannah is...

Ava R-I Board Member Honored

Lowell Strong, outgoing Ava R-I School Board member, right, recently received a plaque recognizing his three-year service to the district, staff and students.  Strong,...

Ava Senior Center Lunch Menu & Activities; OATS Bus Schedule

LUNCH Menu subject to change without notice. (If you receive homebound meals please call if you will not be home when volunteers deliver) Mon., April 8...

Judicial Input

Micael Boyink/Herald Douglas County Associate Judge Elizabeth Bock addresses a recent Douglas County Drug Task Force meeting at the MOCH center in Ava. Headed up by...

Pro-Life Rally Held at Local Theater, Fundraiser for Options Pregnancy Clinic

Tom Martincic, shown above on stage, emceed the pro-life rally held at the Ava TrueView Family Theater Tuesday evening in Ava. Approximately 80 people...

April 6 Sixth Annual Glade Top Trail Run

The sixth annual Glade Top Trail Run is fast approaching and organizers are readying for the big event, which will be held Saturday, April...

Thompson Admits Felony Conviction, Withdraws from Ava Mayor Race

By Michael Boyink mike@douglascountyherald.com On Saturday, March 23, in an interview with the Springfield News Leader, Ava resident Robert Kenneth Thompson admitted to a prior felony...

Volunteers Needed for Work Day at Hammond Mill Camp

On Saturday, March 30th, Hammond Mill Camp, Inc. will be hosting a volunteer work day. We need volunteers to help us get the camp...

Harlin Museum’s Hathcock Gallery  to Host 44th Annual Spring Art Show in April

As Spring reveals itself to the Ozarks with blooming dogwoods and yellow daffodils, it’s also preparing to bloom on the walls of Harlin Museum’s...

International Aerobatics Club Hosts Judges School at West Plains Regional Airport

In February, members of the International Aerobatic Club met at the West Plains Regional Airport for a course on performing and judging competition aerobatics....
Ava
clear sky
34.6 ° F
39.2 °
31 °
81 %
2.2mph
1 %
Fri
46 °
Sat
42 °
Sun
35 °
Mon
55 °
Tue
30 °

Dear Santa – Part 2

Dear Santa: My first name is  Michael, and I am 7 years old. I am in the 2nd grade at Ava Elementary. This Christmas...

Your Best Christmas Gift? 

Santa’s Helpers

Books-n-Bits

Taking the Field