Community

Happy Trails & Tales of Cowboy Music in the Ozarks

Seventh generation Branson native and current member of Sons of the Pioneers to appear at the Branson Centennial Museum. The public is invited to “Happy...

Scheduling a Ride With OATS Transit

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. August 12 –– OATS Transit, a Missouri-based transportation provider, is in the process of rolling out new procedures designed to make scheduling...

City Picnic Held August 9 at Water Park

Mayor Burrely Loftin, aldermen and city employees enjoyed the annual picnic and  fish fry Friday, August 9 at the Water Park.  At left...

Ava License Office Is Now Open

JEFFERSON CITY — The Ava License Office, now located at 301 South Spurlock Street, Suite B, opened on Monday, Aug. 12, 8 a.m.  The management...

New Ava Teachers

Submitted Photo Teachers new to the Ava R-1 Schools for the 2019/2020 school year include: (Front, left to right): Chelsea Maggard-FACS; Abbie Baird-Learning Lab Supervisor and...

What About This? By Wayne William Cipriano

Left Shoe Off! I’ve written about this before and it is worthwhile repeating. “Left shoe off” is a protective strategy that will help us remember...

A Small Medium @ Large

First timers coming to the Ozarks often express their happy surprise at the friendliness of the natives. Nothing unusual, then, that I found myself...

Town & Country Bank Celebrates 125 Years in Banking Industry

Town & Country Bank, locally lead in Ava, by Sheldon Shaver, has reached a rare milestone of 125 years in the banking industry! With...

All OTC Locations Will Open on August 10

SPRINGFIELD, MO — All Ozarks Technical Community College locations will be open on Saturday, Aug. 10 to help students prepare for the upcoming semester.  Student...

Ava License Office to Reopen Monday

Michael Boyink/Herald The relocated Ava License Office will be open for business on Monday, August 12th at 8 a.m. The new office is located at 301...
Ava
mist
75.7 ° F
78.8 °
73.4 °
94 %
1.3mph
1 %
Tue
89 °
Wed
93 °
Thu
84 °
Fri
80 °
Sat
75 °

Grand and Reserve Grand Champion Barrow

SEDALIA, Mo. – Macie Wolf, daughter of Gregg and Miranda Wolf, is the exhibitor of the 2019 Grand Champion Market Barrow at the Missouri...

Black Oak – Donna Dodson

The Snoop

Letter to the Editor

Calendar Of Events

Tecumseh – Linnie Ingram