Home Community Page 22

Community

True Brew Coffee: A Ministry Wrapped in Restaurant Clothing

By Michael Boyink There’s a bit of a masquerade happening down on the Ava square. Something is not entirely as it seems. But in a good way. As...

Herald Seeks Submissions for Student Art and Writing Review

By Michael Boyink Calling all 13 year-old to 18 year-old writers and artists in Douglas County! The Herald wants to show you off to the...

The Headless Rooster from Fruita By Barbara Sisney Daniel

Fruita, Colorado is a small, western town close to Grand Junction, Colorado. Fruita is famous for a plucky rooster that lost his head on...

Tanner Clark Is A Candidate for the Ava R-I School Board

I am Rance (Tanner) Clark, and  I grew up on the family farm in Southwest Missouri.  I am the son of Rancel and Janie Clark. As...

Burrely Loftin Is Candidate for Mayor

My name is Burrely Loftin, and I am excited to announce that I am running for Mayor of Ava.   I have lived, worked, and...

Thank a Farmer Week February 3-9

Mayor David Norman (center) presented the Celebrate Agriculture / Thank a Farmer Week Proclamation for February 3-9 last week. Pictured with Mayor Norman from...

Ava Native and Daughter Celebrate Life After Receiving Heart Transplants

February 14th is even sweeter for the Valentine family. Father and daughter, Rocky and Lyla Valentine, both received heart transplants that make it possible...

MDC Offers Grants for High School Fishing Clubs

MDC is offering grants to assist high school fishing clubs in providing quality fishing programs for their members. Grants can be used to help with...

YouTubing and Homesteading: Mutually Exclusive?

By Michael Boyink In a logic class, an instructor might say two events are “mutually exclusive” if they cannot both occur at the same time. If...
Ava
broken clouds
76.3 ° F
80.6 °
71 °
47 %
2.2mph
75 %
Tue
67 °
Wed
72 °