The Swimming Hole that Became the Roadside Park

In approximately 1950, Ivan and Edna Sullivan took their boys Larry (age 3) and Garland (age 5) to the swimming hole that later became the roadside park on Highway 5 north of Ava. Highway 5 didn’t exist back then, so the family had to take backroads and “drive up the holler” to find the spot. Submitted Photo