The Bumper to Bumper auto parts chain is celebrating portions of its business turning 100 years old. In Ava, Bumper to Bumper is located at 1106 N. Jefferson Street in a building that has a long automotive history in Ava. Built in 1946 by Murley Grabeel, the building first housed the Kester Sales Company, which sold new Dodges & Plymouths, did auto repairs, and sold auto parts. Kester operated in this location until October 1959.
A Kester Sales photo from the 1950’s, inside the Jefferson St. store. (Left to Right): Zella Atteberry, Rudy & Thelma Kester, Barney Barnum, Donald Clark, Norman Ritter, Unknown. Seated are Wardie Williamson and Clifford Barnum.