- Featured Stories
- Douglas County
- City of Ava
- General Interest
Parents of students who are new to the Ava R-1 School District this year are reminded that Thursday, Aug. 4, and Friday, Aug. 5, have been designated as dates for enrollment of new and transfer students.
Students in kindergarten through grade 12 who were not attending school here last spring should plan to attend this pre-enrollment.
School personnel will be on hand both days, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 to 3 p.m. to enroll new students at the middle school/high school cafeteria at 507 NE 3rd St., behind the Administration Office.
To complete this enrollment parents will need the student’s:
• Birth Certificate – required to officially enroll (copies can be obtained at the Douglas County Health Department for a small fee);
• Current immunization records;
• Social Security card (optional);
• Proof of residence (utility bill, personal property tax receipt, etc.);
• Previous school records or last grade card (if available). There will be a representative from each building and a school nurse available to verify records and help you get your children enrolled for the 2011-2012 school year. Parents of students who have not been screened to enter kindergarten should call the elementary school office at 683-5450 to schedule a screening time.