- Featured Stories
- Douglas County
- City of Ava
- General Interest
Ad this mid-term election draws closer, as I see things, we Americans and our country are in dire straits.
I am a counter subscriber to your newspaper, and am thankful we have a local news outlet that really helps us keep up with the events affecting our lives.
I commend you and your staff for your diligent efforts, and would like to see more coverage on the issues that affect us right here at home, as well as, at the national and state levels.
I would like to see your paper become the Ozarks #1 paper. I believe that a well-educated community is a well-informed community. In this day and age, wisdom is something we should not have a shortage of.
Some bullet points we all need to keep in mind this election season:
• America is currently standing at 29.9% unemployment nationwide. According to a Youngstown University poll, as of Sept. 2010.
* America currently borrows and spends more than it produces or sells. (Ross Perot was right, hear that sucking sound?)
• Americans currently are barraged with political ads, i.e. (Blunt vs. Carnahan) exposing deep corruption and their personal gain.
• America currently faces a staggering 43 million populace receiving food stamp assistance out of 330 million people.
• Gold prices as of 11:00 a.m. Oct. 5, 2010, stand at $1,333.00 per oz, and silver is at $22.35 per oz.
• Gas, food and health care costs are increasing as well as electric rates, and as reported Oct. 5, 2010, there will be no increase in the cost of living allowance to social security for 2 years now.
• America faces an illegal immigration rate of 35 million people.
• America is being forced to comply with an unconstitutional medical insurance law which the people voted against by 71%.
• Now Americans are told to be alert when traveling as new video releases show Osama bin Laden demanding that we Americans pay our fair share in carbon taxes or there would be reprisals with “terror attacks”.
What in God’s name are we to do?
I can tell you, I am reminded of much history between 1929 and 1938. This produced Adolf Hitler.
People, it’s about to get very ugly out here in the woods.
Consider with due diligence when you vote this November. In this day of information the facts are hard to find.
One good source in our area is our own local radio station, KKOZ, which carries some very informative news and programming about 10 a.m.
Also, this newspaper has given much needed news concerning our local area.
I would ask all of you friends and neighbors to consider taking a closer look around and get re-acquainted with Douglas County.
Things appear to be getting worse out in the world and to top it all off, winter is coming. While we still can, help each other in your preparations. You’ll not be the only one in need.
A strong commitment to our local needs will help us all weather the coming storms.