- Featured Stories
- Douglas County
- City of Ava
- General Interest
JEFFERSON CITY — Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan today announced that absentee ballots are available for the Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2010 General Election.
Missourians may cast an absentee ballot at the office of their local election authority, or they may request an absentee ballot through the mail. The absentee ballot application is available for download at http://www.GoVoteMissouri.com
If requesting an absentee ballot by mail, first time voters must provide identification to their local election authority.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27, and ballots must be received by the local election authority no later than 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2. Voters may cast an absentee ballot in the office of their local election authority until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 1.
Registered Missouri voters are eligible to vote absentee if they expect to be prevented from going to the polls to vote on Election Day due to:
(1) Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
(2) Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
(3) Religious belief or practice;
(4) Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter’s polling place;
(5) Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.